FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people,
I wrote FN recently to get it straight from them. Look below.

1) While examining the weapon I found what appears to be a bolt hold open mechanism located in the ejection port. There is no mention of this in the manual. What is it and how is it used?

2) On the PS-90 there has been some talk about the PS-90 getting damaged buy the bolt being dry cycled. Is that true?

Thank you for your time and concern.

Response

1) We do not have a Bolt Hold Open for the PS 90. What you are seeing is a Ejection Port Dust Cover and it should not be used as a Hold Open! If this is done it will tear up the cover.

2) Dry Cycling won’t hurt it!

Bob Ailes
Customer Support Manager
703-288-1292 ext. 122
[email protected]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for that info. But I do think they were confused about question 2. Dry cycling won't hurt the gun. It's the question of letting the bolt slam home if that will hurt it.

·
Vendor
5,658 Posts
On the dust cover, I use it for a bolt hold open at the range and I don't see any marks from the bolt. If you look at the cover it has a plastic ramp that fits perfectly on the bolt.(when it is holding it open) What I see on the cover are all the little tiny dents left by the shells as they bounce off of it.
I'd say don't worry about it and use it as a bolt hold open. :shock:

A

·
0 Posts
I don't know - some people have claimed that they see a bit of wear if you are not careful with the bolt dropping on an empty chamber. I still would be careful, as much as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts