FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here! Long time FN owner…Recently acquired a black belgium SCAR 17s off a trade- previous owner had quite a bit of custom work done on it. The lower was swapped out for a Stryker industries alloy lower that accepts p-mags, I like it but prefer the oem mags. I have the original lower, I assume it would be a pretty easy parts transfer to the OEM lower or are they different?

Also the side rails were removed and those need to be reattached, I dont have the screws for those- are there also backing nuts required?
Lastly, the muzzle brake was detached to
accept a suppressor- how can I go about reattaching? Does it need to be torque’d or is there a special nut that goes on?
Thanks all!!!

·
Premium Member
9,837 Posts
Welcome, congrats on the SCAR.

All the lower parts should transfer without issue.

The screws for the side rail (sold out at the moment):

The OEM (PWS) muzzle brake works in tandem with a jamb nut. This fellow here:

·
Premium Member
9,837 Posts
Just thought of this...
I'm not sure if the aftermarket lowers use this nut (I don't think they do), but you'll need it to install a pistol grip on the OEM lower:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Double check for loc-tite or rocksett on the brake before you try twisting it off. Loc-tite will need heat, rocksett will need to be soaked overnight with the muzzle device in water.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you planning on selling the pmag lower? :)
I hate my auto correct at times. Anyways I ask because I’ve already converted one fn over to the pmag and would like them to use the same mags instead of keeping two types around. Heck, I’d even have a couple spare fn mags I would no longer need and you can have as collateral.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts