Premium Member
8,913 Posts
^^^^^^
What Ex said!​

Reactions: Ex-Racer / Ex-Pat

·
Registered
654 Posts
200 and in...get a 17S...why are you bother with a 20S? Its really meant to bridge the gap at 400-800m...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here’s an example of a Low Power Variable Optic:

Another option, maybe preferable to you, would be something like this:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,784 Posts
Here’s an example of a Low Power Variable Optic:

Another option, maybe preferable to you, would be something like this:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Use the MRO on my 16. Great red dot for the price.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It’s simply ridiculous to say that a person should set aside an expensive rifle (that a person already has) which works well for longer ranges and acquire one that’s more appropriate for short ranges when the simple addition of optics or even iron sights can make it easy to shoot the at 200 meters or less. That makes no sense from the standpoint of recreational shooting or defensive shooting.

“Cease fire, I need to change rifles, you have gotten too close!”

OP: it’s your rifle. Shoot it at any range you like. For less than a hundred dollars you can put on a set of Magpul MBUS sights. The bodies will be polymer, but they’re light, relatively inexpensive (they used to be $59 for a set but they’re closer to $100 now), and work adequately for 200 meters. For more you can the Magpul MBUS Pro sights. There are lots of other choices for back up iron sights that don’t cost as much as the original SCAR 17 sights (referencing your other thread). It’s never wrong to want a set of backup sights.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Riton, out of Tucson, Arizona, makes a very nice scope, with Japanese ED optics. Pretty much anything you could want in a scope, is on them. They have a deal with Bereli out of Florida, to sell for $399. I have 3. I have been to their headquarters here, and great, decent, people. Lifetime warranty as well. Here's a link.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I don't care if Joe Biden gave this as a gift...200M and in engagements is boring for a SCAR 20...its the wrong tool for the wrong job...
it is the best tool for the job, if that is what you have, jmo.

recently picked up a swampfox arrowhead 1-10x lvpo and it hit well above the price. bright and very clear edge to edge, and decent daytime illumination. works great for both eyes open at 1x and has locking turrets. not for my 20s but if you are looking for something on a budget and want an SFP lvpo, it is a decent option.

·
Registered
654 Posts
it is the best tool for the job, if that is what you have, jmo.

recently picked up a swampfox arrowhead 1-10x lvpo and it hit well above the price. bright and very clear edge to edge, and decent daytime illumination. works great for both eyes open at 1x and has locking turrets. not for my 20s but if you are looking for something on a budget and want an SFP lvpo, it is a decent option.
Heard great things about the Swampfox optics...the name just turns me off (I know what the name is about)...lol...I feel like I am in a cartoon...but the guy running it is a former Primary Arms guy I think...good people at SF...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts