FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks waffenmacht, this is the perfect solution for a stable SCAR sling. It took about 30 minutes to add an IWC QD mount. Measure 20 times, cut once.
qdmount.jpg
I find running it on the right side coupled with a PMM front left QD mount gave plenty of stability and allowed for a non sling-strangle off-hand swap. You can still fold the stock with the sling installed which is a plus, just don't carry it that way.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I ran a Noveske's flush mount that I modified a spacer for and it worked great! Love it! I wanted it up high as to be inline with the front and the mid QD that I installed from IWC. Love their stuff too!

IMG_1828.JPG IMG_1817.JPG IMG_1820.JPG

·
Registered
3,114 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm having trouble finding a good front QD mount for slings. Any suggestions? Does it require the addition of a new rail? It seems the mounts I find come in combo with a rail. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I ran a Noveske's flush mount that I modified a spacer for and it worked great! Love it! I wanted it up high as to be inline with the front and the mid QD that I installed from IWC. Love their stuff too!

View attachment 31583 View attachment 31584 View attachment 31585
That looks great!

Would you mind slinging up right handed with the sling coming over your right shoulder, around your back and under your left armpit and tell me if it hangs nice without the weapon twisting?

I need my sling mounting point a little higher than the slider lock on the port side of the stock will allow and might have to try it on the starboard side if it hangs and shoulders nicely.

Right now I have it through the sling eye at the top of the stock and it hangs well but when shouldered it's king of stuck in a weird position that makes a QD Swivel seems like a good corrective measure. I want to put a FLIR on top of this after April 15th but it will become a top heavy SOB so I need to sort this sling position out between now and then.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi Lefthand,

can you please take a pic of your stock from inside where the qd mount is.

thanks!

I had to make a few modifications to the Nov. nut corner, and to the stock push button but it turned out just fine.

1 IMG_1824.JPG IMG_1822.JPG IMG_1827.JPG 1069225_10152044407358642_1869807475_n.jpg

Reactions: bulsara

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the pictures was wondering how you did it.
btw did you also put a spacer behind the qd mount? Is that why it sticks out?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Crap - I have to be on the font with the a/A to let me type without a weird delay, so I couldn't see the photos I was posting. Guess the grille photo got thrown in there by mistake. LOL. Oh well! :icon_rolleyes: At least you get the idea on the Nov QD mount.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks for the pictures was wondering how you did it.
btw did you also put a spacer behind the qd mount? Is that why it sticks out?
Yep, the spacer I made lets my swivel clear the butt pad easily.

·
Registered
660 Posts
That looks great!

Would you mind slinging up right handed with the sling coming over your right shoulder, around your back and under your left armpit and tell me if it hangs nice without the weapon twisting?

I need my sling mounting point a little higher than the slider lock on the port side of the stock will allow and might have to try it on the starboard side if it hangs and shoulders nicely.

Right now I have it through the sling eye at the top of the stock and it hangs well but when shouldered it's king of stuck in a weird position that makes a QD Swivel seems like a good corrective measure. I want to put a FLIR on top of this after April 15th but it will become a top heavy SOB so I need to sort this sling position out between now and then.

For some reason, I am not getting notified that someone "quotes me" so I know to respond. This is the first time I am seeing your post! sorry for the delay in responding.
All I can say is that is how for me as a left hander LOVE the sling. But I had to make the QR on the right side because of the button. If I was a right handed shooter, trust me - the OR on the right side of the butt stock while the front QR would be on the right side front of the rifle holds the butt stock closer to your body! I Love it that way. Me being LH, I wish I could put the NOV. QR mount on the left side of the butt and keep my front QR mount on the right side. This is how I have my ACR set up and 2 of my AR's. I know that might not be for everyone, but this guy sure loves them that way!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts