FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking about a .260 Remington conversion for my 17, by HDD Tactical, does anyone on here have any constructive information about either the conversion, or HDD Tactical.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Don't be in a hurry - they're slow to fulfill orders. You might do a search for threads related to HDD or High Desert Dog for more unflattering information. I ordered a supposedly in stock pistol grip - and they took 6 weeks to ship.

Caveat Emptor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information, does anyone actually have one of their .260 Remington conversions.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Curious...

Why? I have a .260 Remington bolt rifle. I know the ballistic benefits (lower trajectory, better long range accuracy), but .260 ammo is harder to get and more expensive. It makes sense for me in a long range precision platform, but why convert in a battle rifle set-up?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Curious...

Why? I have a .260 Remington bolt rifle. I know the ballistic benefits (lower trajectory, better long range accuracy), but .260 ammo is harder to get and more expensive. It makes sense for me in a long range precision platform, but why convert in a battle rifle set-up?

I have a .260 Remington Barrel for my LMT slick side that shoots better than I ever thought it would, plus an extremely accurate bolt gun in .260 Remington, I like my FN 17 a lot, I have a very good supply of .260 Remington components, and last but not least I want to. It's always good to have choices.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is my only complaint about the scar17 is the lack of aftermarket support of barrels and caliber conversions. I Also want a caliber conversion for my scar17 in 260.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thought id revive this... Any more 260 Remington use? I have a LaRue in that caliber now and have phased out everything in 308 except the Scar. I figured when I run out of factory ammo, if there is a way to safely convert the Scar over, I can just run 260 in everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts