FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any experience with Curio & Relic firearms?

Ran across something today that I hadn't seen before. I'm thinking about purchasing this IF I can get it classified as a C&R firearm. This looks to be a M1932/M712 Schnellfeuer Broomstick or close variant and is nickel plated (probably an officer model). I'm told that it was a bring-back from the Korean War by a veteran that has long since passed away. It looks to have been made in 1932, so it is more than 50 years older than the current date. I believe it is 7.63x25mm.

Per the ATF website:

Firearm curios or relics include firearms which have special value to collectors because they possess some qualities not ordinarily associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

1. Have been manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof; or
  2. Be certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; or
  3. Derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or from the fact of their association with some historical figure, period, or event
I took a couple of pics of it. The nickel plating is damaged in a couple of areas due to wear. It would take some work to restore it to like new condition (if even possible). I read they are highly collectible and rare. If I cannot have it classified as a C&R, I'm staying far far away from it.

Thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts