FN Herstal Firearms banner

Question about copies of approved forms

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Jeremy M. 
#1 ·
I understand that copies of ATF approved forms are perfectly fine to carry with the NFA items. On an approved paper form you should copy the front and back, but what about eforms? There really is nothing to page two, so do you bother copying it to the back side of page one?

#5 ·
Do you really want to hand over your smart phone to the local LEO so he can look over the PDF and anything else on the phone?

Keep in mind that the whole eform thing is a grey area mainly due to the fact that the Form 1 or 4 is only valid with a stamp and actual approval signature.

To make the eform totally legit, after sending you the PDF the ATF should print out the Form 1 or 4, stamp and sign it and mail it to you.

#6 ·
I print out the page with the stamp and signature. That has the info they would need to see.... Since almost all of mine are E-filed the second page is blank anyways. Fold it up and stick it in like the grip well or such and then I have the PDF saved on my phone. If an officer wants to see it I'll show it to him from my phone or Ipad (that doesn't mean "they" gets to operate my phone) If they want to take possession of any of my items (firearm/phone etc) then they will have to get a warrant. During which time I'll notify my legal counsel and then they can ask any questions via him :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.