FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question on the Elcan 1.5 x6 and I'm considering one for my new 17. Can this model be had in Fde like the Elcan 1 x 4. I've looked around but no luck locating one. Thanks,

·
Registered
543 Posts
Elcan/Raytheon and Armament Technology (North American Distributor) both have indicated a willingness to offer the 1.5x6 to the public in the exact same manner that they did with the 1x4 "Limited Edition FDE." Unfortunately, they will not move until the dealers like Kerif, Knesek, etc. indicate a willingness to commit to purchase orders that total the minimum requirement.

I know because I'm the guy who helped get the ball rolling with the 1x4 FDE Limited Edition. I've spoken directly with the same contacts concerning the 1.5x6 and the only resistance to moving forward is with the dealers. Some of the key dealers feel that the public would prefer a post-production dealer-initiated and non-Elcan/Raytheon-associated cerakote option to the real thing. Personally, I don't think the cerakote option is appealing at all.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks hopefully the dealers will jump on board as I believe there would definitely be a market these days with all the Fde rifles being made. If you hear anything about them coming out on the market I'd appreciate a heads up if you don't mind.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You're welcome. I definitely will. The challenge the first time was getting Raytheon/Elcan and ATI on board. Total reversal this time.

The dealers are the ones that must put up the big $ for the inventory and bear all the financial risk, so it is not my intention here to judge. I agree with you though about the opportunity. Unfortunately, the potential of that opportunity dwindles slightly as time passes and additional competing optics are released.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dunno. But I really want a 1-6 in Fde. And i'm not wanting the leupy. Just want a FDE Elcan 1-6 in 7.62

I couldn't find an ACOG i wanted. And i'm not as devoted to re-reticle the FDE ECOS ones to 7.62.

but at least Trijicon has a Cerakote option now. Like 5 colors.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I couldn't find an ACOG i wanted. And i'm not as devoted to re-reticle the FDE ECOS ones to 7.62.

but at least Trijicon has a Cerakote option now. Like 5 colors.
Don't know if you saw these particular TA11s yet, but re-reticle-ing the ECOS isn't necessary anymore AND you get better eye relief. More appropriately suited to the 17.

Regarding the Elcan, it's a bummer that 1.5x6 FDE mil-overruns haven't hit the streets like the SU230 (5.56) and SU230A (7.62) 1x4s did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts