FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several form 4s in process right now and with these being my first NFA purchases I will of course be eagerly awaiting my tax stamps over the next year or so. If at whatever point in the process the ATF decides that a correction or additional information is needed to finish processing a form 4, how and who do they contact? I'm assuming they would contact the SOT FFL that sent in my paperwork rather than me. If that is the case, would they contact him via snail mail?

·
Administrator
11,082 Posts
The contact the transferer (seller) to get the correction done. Sometimes it is just a quick fix and the form is returned overnight and the process continues.

I recently had a Form 4 that was missing the OAL on a suppressor. The ATF sent the form back to me by regular mail, had me do a pen and ink correction which I initialed, sent it back to them and a week later, I had the approved Form 4.

If it is a major issue like an incorrect serial number, I do not know how those are handled, as to whether the entire process stops and has to be restarted as a new filing or whether a "quick correction" can be made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts