FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had thought the FNP-45 was going to be SA/DA with a safety, similar to a Var:1 USP. Now however, all the sources I can find, including the nice G&A article, refer to the ambi fire control levers as decockers.

Is there no manual safety, allowing for cocked and locked condition?

Was the presence of such a safety/set-up all a figment of my deranged mind?

This is hardly a deal breaker for my interest in the FNP-45. I could even understand how SA/DA is a smarter option from the viewpoint of marketing towards the LE community.

I'm just trying to get my facts straight on features of this handgun.

Thanks,
B.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The only safety the FNP line really has is not touching the trigger until you want to fire. Or the half cocked position. Truly, no gun has a safety: at least that was how I was taught.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As I understand the rest of the FNP lineup, they offer a single action only gun (cocked and locked) as well as a DA/SA... If you are not familiar with DA/SA, there is typically a decocker to safely lower the hammer... This is how this gun is "made safe". On the DA/SA the decock lever is where the safety would be on a SA gun.

C

·
Registered
203 Posts
It is my understanding that the USG versions of the FNP pistols will have a safety as well as a de-cocker, thus being like the USP Variant 1.

From information I have seen the only USG versions we wont see any time soon are the FNP9-M and the .357 sig version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Cooter.
I finally noticed the FAQ threads, and found the info about the FNP-45 USG.
:)

B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts