FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a quick question regarding the Ninja rule. Does that include video of someone shooting their FN related weapons? I've recorded a bit here and there and thought it might be a good traffic driver as well as some just plain old fun showing off our fun stuff. The proof is often times in the video, and I like to show off some skill (or honing thereof) from time to time, it makes me smile. I won't post until I hear back. I couldn't really find an appropriate place for this on the forums so I thought this was as good as any. If it's ok, I look forward to seeing some cool shooting vids, if it's not ok.. feel free to delete this. Thanks in advance.

Zhur

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
This whole issue is a fine line - and Therm made this rule. Someone posted a pic of them all in black, with a ninja mask on, and holding their weapons. That is what spurred the whole issue.

I can't speak for Therm, but the wording of the rule may need to be looked at. I don't think a video of you shooting your weapon is a problem - With the caveat that it depend on what you are shooting at. Obviously - shooting at a photo or a dummy made to look like a human would not be allowed.

However, I have seen Youtube videos of short shooting segments on other sites. And, they may have been posted here before.... Yes, I think they have, as someone posted some videos 2 weeks ago where they did some 5.7 ballistic tests.

So, just use some common sense and it will be fine. Thanks for asking...

The rule was made after a photo that was obviously in bad taste, and then the poster got all upset when we had to deal with the issue.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I figure ask first! Pooping out that jalapeno sandwich without having asked if it's hot before eating it will teach a person that :D

I was getting more at tests of skill... like some fun stuff with the p90. You know.. setting up 5 or 6 clay pigeons and shooting them as quick as possible, with as few misses as possible. Just a test of skill, not "REDRUM REDRUM.. all work and no play makes Zhur a dull boy" or any weird stuff like that. Worst case senario, I shoot with a black boonie hat on, but that's about it, just to keep the sun off my bald head. I'm a little too chubby for a tac vest. Ever notice how the crazy's are always really skinny? I tell everyone that.... you never have to worry about me flipping out, I'm overweight!!! hehehe

It just might be fun to SAFELY run some tests of shooting skill. I used to shoot clay pigeons out of the air with a .45 Long Colt at Cowboy action matches. It's always a fun thing to share when you have practiced practiced practiced something so much, that people are stunned or amazed. (Wish I could do that still, haven't shot SASS for a few years).

After having said that, I want to stress that being safe first needs to be the order of the day of course. I'll see what I can come up with once the 5 foot of freeking snow melts and the ground dries up a bit. Perhaps I'll post some stuff I did for some NY friends of mine who'd never even seen a gun, let alone shoot one. It was more about letting them see it before they came out for a visit. I took them shooting, they had a blast, no pun intended. I find it to be so much fun to see the look on peoples faces when they are first introduced to shooting. After all, if we are going to keep this sport alive, we'd better all get a few nay sayers to convert! hehe

Thanks again for a great site.

Zhur

BTW, I help run a forum for games, so I know what it's like to deal with people who fail to ask first and then get all honked off about the results, so I won't do that to you!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a test run for ya...

This was spurred on by the fact that

I said "controlled doubles are possible with any gun"
and they said.. "what about a .45 Compact"
so I said " You got it!"

This is my Kimber Raptor.45 at 27 feet. Forgive the camera sway, I didn't have a camera person there that day. You'd be surprised how hard it is to walk the whole darned tripod out there! hehehe

Oh and please no fat jokes, I hear enough about it from my wife!!!!
I hope you enjoy watching as much as I do shooting!

Zhur

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, if anyone else has some fun stuff, please post up. Just make sure to take note of the rules that Shipwreck talked about.

Perhaps a friendly challenge from time to time, just make sure to keep it friendly hehe. One of the things I want to buy is one of those "shooting cubes" that are made out of self sealing rubber, I think that'd be a fun video. Again, this vid is from last summer, I have to wait a bit longer to get out there to shoot again as there is still a ton of snow here.

Here's another short clip of a Glock 32C .357Sig. Again, this was spurred on by a discussion about recoil and double taps. This was to show that even a .357Sig can be controlled with good shooting technique and practice. All rounds were within a paper plate at about 27 feet. I often times shoot at standard size paper plates simply because it's about the perfect size for Center of mass defensive shooting practice. Nice thing about where I go shooting, is that I have about 270 degrees of freedom to shoot in. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Please remember that shooting safe is more important than shooting fast. It's taken me a lot of years to be able to hit this fast. If there is anyone new to shooting, please understand this is only safe with years of practice. Oh and try the veal, it's delicious!

Zhur

·
Registered
320 Posts
Interesting topic, as I was considering taking a ninja picture for a different site, orange camo, real tree mask, and the PS and FS in each hand. I guess that's out of the question? :lol:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
itstock said:
Interesting topic, as I was considering taking a ninja picture for a different site, orange camo, real tree mask, and the PS and FS in each hand. I guess that's out of the question? :lol:
It is for here.

With all these wackos going out and doing these mass shootings, Therm and I decided that we didn't want the site on the tv news one day - and have the newsmedia point to all the "warning signs."

I'm not calling anyone here a wacko - but, we decided to not allow such a thing after someone posted such a pic the 1st time.

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
itstock said:
You know we probably should add a "no photos or videos of men in leotards" rule too.

I have no desire to see that.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You know, I wasn't considering leotards, but in honor of Therm making the rule, can I wear some insulated undies and take a picture?

:-D

On topic though, I don't blame anyone for implementing that rule.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You know, I wasn't considering leotards, but in honor of Therm making the rule, can I wear some insulated undies and take a picture?

:-D

On topic though, I don't blame anyone for implementing that rule.
Oh, please do, but make it a union suit, the kind with flaps :p

Just don't do the Super Troopers thing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts