FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question about the trijicon TA11E, which those of you who read about my earlier thread about the horrible process with optics planet, i FINALLY got it in the mail yesterday...anywho, so im used to using the TA31, and i feel like the 11 reticle and BDC is smaller than the 31 reticle and BDC, now is this because the 11 is for the 308, meaning it can reach out further thus making the reticle smaller would make room for error smaller? idk just my theory anybody got any input on this that would be great thanks!

·
Administrator
11,358 Posts
The chevron is set up so that at 300 meters, the two lower points at the base of the chevron come out to 19 inches which is the average shoulder with of a man and thus the chevron would cover the targets shoulders (go from shoulder to shoulder). This allows distancing of the target at under 300 meters, ie if the chevron covers 2/3rds of the width of the target at the shoulders, the target is at 200 meters. If the chevron covers 1/3rd of the width of the target at the shoulders, the target is at 100 meters.

This is assuming that you have the TA11E with the chevron.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...&sa=X&ei=wjKeUpbKA-HesASH9YFA&ved=0CEkQ9QEwAQ

This target is at 100 meters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts