FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, quick question for those of you familiar with the ADM Aimpoint mounts. Took one of my rifles to the range today to get a rough sight in. It has an Aimpoint CompML3 in a standard height ADM mount. This was my first time firing the rifle with this optic and mount in place. When I first mounted it up the locking lever felt quite tight, almost a little too tight, but I was confident it was going to stay put. When I got home from the range this afternoon I noticed the lever was very loose. The only thing preventing it from being able to swing open was the built-in locking tab. I adjusted the mount so that it is tight again and re-secured it to the rail.

My question is: is this normal for ADM mounts? Do they need adjustment after their first live firing? I'd hate to think this is going to be a mount that I'm not going to be able to rely upon. I can't imagine that's the case because all I ever hear is good things about their products. Maybe I'm not tightening it down enough? I've got it tight to the point that it requires some force to close the lever all the way, but not so much that you feel like you're going to take the cerakote off the rifle.

Any advice or tips on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I haven't had an issue with any of my ADM mounts other than " op " error. Sometimes I have swapped glass & mounts and forgot to take my time.
I have swapped items many times and even have my " dope " written down and they haven't failed me. ( sub MOA well not exactly ) I'm not that good of a shooter .
The only 1 I have had a zero shift on is my ADM & Trij RX34 reflex, that moved but it could have been anything.Havn't checked it all summer.
What do you have Recon or Delta or scout ?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I've forgotten to tighten my ADM Aimpoint mount before. That's the only problem I've had with it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. I'm going to call this one human error or a one-off issue. It's tight now and I'll just keep an eye on it after next range visit. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I had one lever on my ADM loosen up a bit (enough that I could wiggle the scope slightly). I was able to tighten it back down and it didn't loose zero. I have the Recon 20 MOA scope mount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts