FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Well I purchased one of the first new US Steyr A3 Augs and completed it with the current Steyr A3 optic that cost an extra $600. So when the A3 M1 with optic came out I was sad. I wouldn't sell mine because it's awesome. Though if both were available at the time I would have bought the Aug A3 M1 w/optic.
BTW which ever you choice don't buy the NATO magazine version! I know! I Know! you already have a million AR Mags, but trust me the Aug magazines are needed for ultimate badness.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I'm seeing the A3s for sale on Gunbroker for 1449. Is the M1 version worth 300$ more?
the A3 & A3 M1 have some receive the differences. The A3 can be converted into the CQC where as the M1 can use 2 different flat tops and two different Oem optics. I personally like the M1 better because of the balance.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
The flat top m1 will be a little lighter in that case. Might not be worth the price difference. The M1 is the civilian version of the A3 SF

Reactions: DrToyHoarder

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Just a question-- new to aug, wondering- which optic is more desirable 1.5 or 3.
Had both, I like the X3 with a piggy back RDS best. Just much more versatile

1 - 10 of 10 Posts