FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you tried a PMAG in it?

Magpul announced an EMAG at SHOT that is supposed to function better in some guns, HK416, MSAR STG, and the SCAR was mentioned. So, that concerns me a little about PMAGS working in them.

Much thanks!!

David

·
Registered
99 Posts
PMAG seats fine in the scar. It isn't tight nor is it loose. It seems to fit the same as a regular FN/GI mag. I read one of the range reports posted eariler by another member that PMAGS functioned well. I see no reason why it wouldn't function in one. As soon as I get a chance, I plan on a day on the range with the rifle.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. I've bought 40 PMAGS over the last couple months, I didn't want to buy a bunch more metal mags too. Thanks!!

David

·
Registered
104 Posts
It has never been debated as to whether or not PMAGS will FUNCTION in the SCAR, to my knowledge anyway.
The issue was that PMAGS would not DROP FREELY from the SCAR magwells.
They WOULD NOT drop freely.
I inquired about this on another forum where many of the FN Techs/Engineers as well as Magpul Techs hang out with us.
The reply back was that Magpul was/is currently working on a solution to the PMAGS not dropping free.
Then everyone started seeing the new "EMAG" at SHOT Show. Therefore this must be the solution Magpul was coming out with.
FN Techs told me that they were DEFINITELY not going to modify the magwells in any way. The final design SCAR was already decided on, and had been put into motion, obviously.
Think about it. The SCAR uses AR mags. PMAGS WILL WORK, but they won't drop free (apparently). Hence the new "EMAG".
Anyone know what "E" stands for??? "Enhnaced" possibly???

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
There you have it. I see no purpose in freely dropping a full magazine. In fact you could look at that as a tactical advantage. If you accidentally hit your release button you aren't screwed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts