FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously looking into a SCAR 17S and I'm curious if there are any issues besides the button digging into your cheek, and how do you mitigate that annoyance?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seriously looking into a SCAR 17S and I'm curious if there are any issues besides the button digging into your cheek, and how do you mitigate that annoyance?
I am a lefty and have about 1200 rounds through my FDE 17S with no comfort issues at all........a non issue for me. It has been accurate and dependable and a real pu**y cat to shoot.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a lefty and have about 1200 rounds through my FDE 17S with no comfort issues at all........a non issue for me. It has been accurate and dependable and a real pu**y cat to shoot.
Do you have the stock extended all the way out? The ones I have handled in the store seem to dig into my cheek. Definitely looking for a modern companion to my FAL.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
i have my stock all the way in, never had any problem with stock catch... where in Missouri are you located?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im a lefty just put my first 100 rounds down the gun today and noticed no issue with it....stock was all the way out. only complaint is the lack of sling attachment at the rear of right reciever for my MS3 sling.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have my stock all the way in, never had any problem with stock catch... where in Missouri are you located?
North Central Mo. Just south of Chllicothe. Gun show in Colombia this weekend. Hopefully the snow predicted will not be too bad for travel.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have the problem with the stock latch digging in to my cheek. For now I just suck it up and come home with a red mark after a range day. Since I never collapse it anyways I am going to get a replacement for the adjustable cover made without a hole in it and cut off the latch.

At least we can reverse the charging handle and safety to work for us. And brass has never even come close to hitting me, so that isn't an issue like it is with an AR...

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm ambidextrous and switch sides all the time with no issue. I'm curious how you guys with a problem are getting into a problem. I tend to put my optic towards the back so that the eye relief lines me to where the BUIS would be if I had to pop it up, old habit. I run my stock at the 4. My cheek weld is on the raised cheek plate. Are you folks mounting your optics more 'forward'?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I run it full extended, and my scope is a 6-18x44 and the eyepiece sits right about where the irons used to be. My cheek weld sits right on the back end of the raised plate, the back part of my cheek weld is right on that hook. I could collapse the buttstock and move everything forward some, but this is where everything feels right to me (except the latch of course).

·
Registered
660 Posts
I too am a lefty and have had no issues with "face and hook". That is with the stock in and at 3, and fully extended. All I have done is to run the charging handle on the right side and I put the FN-USA extended forend. LOVE THIS RIFLE!! Fed. 168gr Gold Metal Match shoots .471" through .553" 3 shot groups. @ 100yrds. .6 crop Picture 015.jpg .5 Picture 052.jpg 2.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts