FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, this question is to the supporting vendors here who sell optic rails and side rails. I have a standard white ring sight PS90 and am going to be buying a optic for it and need a optic rail, probably going to pick up side rails too while I am at it. My question is, other than your price compared to FN's price for there model, what makes yours better than theirs? I like the idea of the back up sight FN built into their rail but it is not completely necesarry with the emergency sights already there. I guess I am asking for the vendors to "sell" me on their product over the FN made rail. Also, anyone who has purchased one from a supporting vendor...I would appreciate your thoughts on the product as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I have the magazine parts optic rail. Very good rail.

MPF Tech's rail is also good - many satisfied customers of his too.

Critical Dimensions also makes good rails, but he is no longer a sponsor here - I think he'll just be selling to other vendors.

All the aftermarket rails work well.

Also, make sure to read the PS90 FAQ:

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=4286

·
Registered
214 Posts
Magazineparts.com is giving away a free brass catcher with every top rail order until the end of the month.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Magazineparts.com is giving away a free brass catcher with every top rail order until the end of the month.
Is this still going on??? I am a bit late but I went on their website and they seem to be doing the same thing still....

·
Registered
980 Posts
Promoted Pawn will be offering a self-zeroing optic rail.
This rail allows you to share an optic between the PS90 and another weapon without zeroing between swaps! That's because this rail is adjustable in windage and elevation. You might, for example, take the expensive holographic sight off your AR and mount it on your PS90, and after initial adjustment of the rail your optic can be quickly swapped between the AR and PS90 as a modular component. For optics with quick throw levers this can be done in seconds!
It has a BUIS.
It's better than the factory rail in price, and IMHO design.
I expect to have these for sale on the promoted pawn website this Friday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Promoted Pawn will be offering a self-zeroing optic rail.
This rail allows you to share an optic between the PS90 and another weapon without zeroing between swaps! That's because this rail is adjustable in windage and elevation. You might, for example, take the expensive holographic sight off your AR and mount it on your PS90, and after initial adjustment of the rail your optic can be quickly swapped between the AR and PS90 as a modular component. For optics with quick throw levers this can be done in seconds!
It has a BUIS.
It's better than the factory rail in price, and IMHO design.
I expect to have these for sale on the promoted pawn website this Friday.
Will promoted pawn be giving out brass catchers???

·
Registered
426 Posts
Such deal softening tactics are often used by vendors to make up for oversights on their part, like FNH's free C-More offer for instance.
However being that Promoted Pawn only stated an "expected" time such an offer is not justified. Had payment been accepted for items not in stock or a promised ship date passed, then the question posted above would have some validity. :roll:

·
Registered
214 Posts
We're still allowing FREE Brass Catchers with purchase of an optic rail! Email us for details.

Of course the competition will attempt to bad mouth every chance they get, but that's business as usual for them. When we say we're going to deliver on a product, we do. It's just that simple. We won't talk about products for many months and not deliver, and we surely won't be undersold.

The only company to have sold more accessories for the P90/PS90 is FN.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The good thing about an ever developing competitive market is that the end users benefit the most. As more products become available, regardless of the time it takes to get them to market, and the more retail vendors that offer similar products, the better the value for the end users.
That better value is often seen in the forms of lower prices, higher quality products, variety, and offers of add-on or free merchandise as previously noted.
The market around the PS90 has long suffered from overpricing caused by high demand and limited supply. Pricing along with business practices has had little effect on the end users choice of products related to the PS90, the quality of the product will always play a more deciding role in its purchase. Another good effect of a competitive market is the creation of more innovative products, something that this community will see more of in the months to come from multiple sources, including those from established vendors and new manufacturers. :?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts