FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to place an order for a Black PS90 w/ USG sight, I would have ordered it already but my dealer decided to close shop, so now I have to look for another to use. Anyway...
If for some reason I don't like the USG sight I will obviously have to get a top rail for it. My question is about how high would the center of the red dot sight be to the top of the of the magazine be. I know this will vary a lot depending on what sight you put on. But if you guys could measure it and let me know what sight you have on, I would greatly appreciate it.
I am just trying to learn all of my options now. I know the Eotech is not an option, thats way too high. I have an H&K SL8 with the dual sight and it is about 3 3/8" from the stock with 1/4" spacer to the center of the red dot sight, which seams to be a good height.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would order the REM T3. It will make your stock sight the equivalent of an excellent red dot sight. You will have illuminated red crosshairs instead of a dot. Then get some CMMG side rails to mount a Laserlyte or Lasermax. This will help you zero the sight with the FN sight tool if you wish. You will be money ahead and pretty much have a stock USG.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I don't think the REM T3 will work with the USG, because the USG doesn't have a light collector like the standard sight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I first looked at buying a PS90 the white reticle was the only choice, that almost made me not buy one... But I showned up at my local FN dealer's shop he got in the OD green with the black reticle US Secret Service style sight.... WOW, SOLD! so much different it was amazing. Nicest thing was they sold it for the same price as the white one. Typically it's more.

I find the USSS sight to be the ideal sight for a PS90, others will of course argue that point. As is thier right. I've seen other PS90's with owner added dot sights and they all where just too high for my tastes. I gotta have a good cheek weld and that just don't work on the high mounted dots. The stock USSS sight fits my style of shooting fine. I'm more then happy with it and don't invision any change.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ordered a black PS90 w/ USG so hopefully I'll have in next week. I never cared for a shop that I dealt with a couple of times, but they have a decent selection, so I call them up ask them about the PS90's and specifically about the USG sight. 1st I talk to someone and they said they were just the standard one and he told me the price ranges from $1600-$1800, than I call the next day to ask a couple more questions and again I ask about the USG sight he says I don't know what that is, so I asked him if it has a black reticle, and the smuck said yes it's black when you look through it, he further said they have every model of the PS90, I than ask him the prices and the smuck says we don't give prices over the phone. So I figured to at least go look at them and try to make my decision. So I driver 1 hour and 35mins one way...They don't have the USG!!! So this really pissed me off that I wasted about 4 hours of my time and about $40 in gas. They say well we can get the USG it'll be $1800 we'll have it in about a week. Tarts!
Anyway I bought it from Arizona Gun Runners for $1537, I got the last black USG they had in stock, along with 4 50rd mags. So I paid about $1800 for all of that veruses what these other bone heads wanted then I would have had to pay tax too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think you'll like it, they are sweet little shooters and can be real fun. I know lots of people SBR them, but you know it's ain't bad being the length it is.

The only drawback of course is ammo, but them ammo on everything has hit the roof.

Enjoy!

Semper Fi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts