FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to send in to FN for the 2 50 round mag offer for my PS90. They are asking for a copy of the BATFE 4473. Asked the dealer I bought it from and he says their not suppose to make copies of the form. I know the forms are suppose to be destroyed after a few months according to some law but has anyone else had a real reluctant dealer not wanting to make copies of the form?

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
FNH doesn't really need it for the promotions, even though they state that they do. Its optional if you can get it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. I just don't want to waste my time. So I just fax in the offer form and bill of sale and I should be good I take it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Asked the dealer I bought it from and he says their not suppose to make copies of the form. I know the forms are suppose to be destroyed after a few months according to some law but has anyone else had a real reluctant dealer not wanting to make copies of the form?
Nothing prohibits the dealer from giving you a copy of the 4473. Also, it is a felony for the dealer to destroy completed 4473 forms. They must be kept for ATF inspection anytime and turned in to ATF if the dealer goes out of business.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what information is suppose to be destroyed then. I remember reading it. Something to do with the fact of the govt not keeping records of who owns what

·
Vendor
5,700 Posts
The form has some VERY personal info on it so when I sent mine in... I blacked out the info.
FN will accept the sales receipt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I emailed Bob Ailes, Customer Support Manager, regarding this and the 5.7 ammo promo. He said just include a note saying the dealer refused to supply you with a copy of the 4473.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, thanks for all the help guys. I have to say, this is what makes The FNforum the best FN forum period. :?

·
Registered
57 Posts
NICS data is 'lost' after 7 days. 4473 lasts pretty much forever. Your dealer has to keep and when he closes it goes to the ATF who is computerizing it all. Keep your dealer in business!
j

·
Registered
3 Posts
50 rnd mag offer?

What FN offer are you talking about? I just bought my PS90 and haven't heard about any offers. Please send me the information if its still good. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I checked the specials on the Home page and do not see anything about a 2- 50 round magazine offer for the PS90. Can anyone please supply more info?
Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Go to FNH USA link on top right of this forum. Its on the right side middle ad. Its 2 mags for the PS90 in the OD green.

·
Registered
3 Posts
other colors

That offer is only for the Olive colored stocks. Anyone know if they will be making it for the black stocked guns?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts