FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a true Belgian I'm loading up on FN stuff now that prices seem to be back to reasonable and Obama has other issues to deal with. I'm ready to buy a SCAR for my Oregon property but would appreciate some input from the community on pricing. Checking out Gunbroker it looks as if SCAR 16S can be had around 2,400$ while the 17 can be had for 2,600$. I'm a bit surprised about the miniscule gap between the heavy and the light. Since it is a 16S that I am after, does this seem reasonable or are there better deals to be had ?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Those deals would be reasonable.

I say reasonable, because at one point I purchased my FDE 17S for $2550 from a company in Arizona.

There was no tax, and they only charged me $50 to ship it to Africa. This was years back though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is about $275.00 diff in price between a 16s and a 17s at dealer cost.
Perfect, that's good to know.
Clackamas, huh, I used to live in Beaverton (Nike).

·
Registered
34 Posts
As a true Belgian I'm loading up on FN stuff now that prices seem to be back to reasonable and Obama has other issues to deal with. I'm ready to buy a SCAR for my Oregon property but would appreciate some input from the community on pricing. Checking out Gunbroker it looks as if SCAR 16S can be had around 2,400$ while the 17 can be had for 2,600$. I'm a bit surprised about the miniscule gap between the heavy and the light. Since it is a 16S that I am after, does this seem reasonable or are there better deals to be had ?
I sent you a message.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm not sure where in Oregon you are, so this might be a bit of a drive for you, but there was a FDE 16s with under 200 rounds listed on Seattleguns.net for $2,200. Do a quick search and you'll find the thread.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure where in Oregon you are, so this might be a bit of a drive for you, but there was a FDE 16s with under 200 rounds listed on Seattleguns.net for $2,200. Do a quick search and you'll find the thread.
I only live there part time, so won't be able to act on this :(
Thanks though !

·
Registered
230 Posts
The prices I saw when shopping around for the 16s was $2495 retail and $2229 LEO which I got mine for.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got my fde 16s from Nashville Gun Shop on gunbroker.com for $2200. There are a couple of gun shops that list true no reserve auctions. Be persistent with your bidding and eventually you can get one near the price you want. I am in the military and wanted to get one at the LEO/military pricing, but I could only find black in stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts