FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I am not interested in trying a conversion.

Upon receiving my PS90, I broke it down to see what makes it tick(go bang). I was suprised to see so much plastic and was intrigued by the plastic trigger group 'module'. The sight of it, not taking into account its reputation, doesn't inspire confidence in durability. I was wondering if any of you have seen the trigger group for a select fire P90 and if it was of similar materials. Just curious.

If this has been discussed to death, I apologize. Web searched on P90 metal trigger group actually reveals a lot of info about humbucker pickups.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
When you say "conversion" what do U mean? Short barrel it?

Yes - the polymer trigger group is made out of the same materials on a P90.

There are no durability issues with the trigger packs in the PS90 or the FS2000. People have put tons of rounds thru these guns and have previously reported no wear on those parts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ShipWreck said:
When you say "conversion" what do U mean? Short barrel it?

Yes - the polymer trigger group is made out of the same materials on a P90.

There are no durability issues with the trigger packs in the PS90 or the FS2000. People have put tons of rounds thru these guns and have previously reported no wear on those parts
I meant, per fed law and forum rules, I was not ,nor wanted to imply, attempting to convert to full-auto. My question was about the polymer hammer taking the abuse of full auto fire. I may have misspoke and should said hammer group. This was just pure curiosity. I think that it is a novel mechanism and I fully understood the quality and durabilty of the firearm before I purchsed one--i was just surprised to actually see it 'in the buff'--different to say the least.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
This topic has come up a few times in the past - and there have been members that have taken pics of their packs after tons of rounds. Other than being a little dirty - there is never any wear on them. And, if you rinse them off with water and let them dry - they'd probably look brand new.

That particular part seems to be a non issue.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've got about 8000 rounds thru my PS90 with no appreciable wear to speak of. I bet you'd wear out a barrel before you wear out a hammer group.

zhur

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I agree with Zhur.....The trigger assembly seems top notch in my book :?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts