FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of the odd comments you have gotten at the range when shooting your FN FS2000?

Most of mine i have gotten are ?? WTF is that.... the looks are even better...

best so far has been letting either my wife or other lady friends shoot this big loud rifle and the group of ppl that gather around behind them to watch.. :eek:

my friend has gotten many of a laugh out of watching ppl stand behind me at the range trying to figure out why i don't have any spent rounds coming out till about the 3rd shot, then the look of :evil: as his words "the gun pukes out spent round"

best nick name for my FN FS2000 is "the Phaser Rifle"

also side note USMC kids love getting a chance to shoot it. god i love going to that USMC range all good people and no clowns to worry about.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The funny comments I get are usually from shooters who are unaccustomed to the bullpup layout. I've heard my rifle described by shooters in their 60's (or older) as a Buck Rogers / Flash Gordon gun. I have heard shooters in their 20's and 30's describe it as a Star Wars / Aliens / Halo gun.

It's amusing that everyone thinks it's some futuristic, sci-fi, space gun. Given that the 5.56 market is dominated by the AR-15 platform, I'm glad to have something different that I like more.

:?

·
Registered
408 Posts
My favorite comment from an LEO at the range was... "That's illegal for you to own."

Oh the next hour and a half of explaining gun laws to an LEO was about as interesting as watching paint dry. Unfortunately, this particular LEO wouldn't hear any of it, and demanded that I give it to him until it could be sorted out. Three sheriffs deputies and two additional police officers later, along with the help of google on my mobile phone, I left with my rifle. First thing that jumped into my mind, was "Why in the hell would I bring an illegal rifle to a range where I KNOW half the dang Department?"

Oh well, it was educational, moreso for him than me, but I guess them's the breaks.

Zhur

·
Registered
350 Posts
sounds like crap to me.. imagine how many crimes were committed when they were trying to bone you for your fs2000

:lol: :lol: :lol:

when i had mine it was always "Is that thing 16 inches??!?!"
or "Is that one of them new guns the jews use over there"

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi, Zhur--

If I may ask, were you in Southern California, and if so, which range were you at? Looks like I'll have to prepare a legal-kit to bring with me to the range. Somewhere on the Web there was a posted letter received from the Calif. Atty. Gen. office saying it was okay to have an off-list weapon as long as it didn't violate the description of an "assault weapon."

Thanks for sharing your story--I wouldn't have thought that I'd need to educate LEOs on the law at the range...

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I get weird looks with my '90 and people also comment on my FiveseveN. They say the sights look like shark fins lol

·
Registered
408 Posts
dchang0,
I was not in California, but there are some ill informed LEO's everywhere. In fact, I just got hassled by a game warden this past weekend when I was out shooting my newly suppressed AR15. Basically, he said he needed to confiscate the suppressor and he had already called the sheriff. I was on BLM land and had every right to be there, and it's been a local shooting spot for 40 years or more. I had my Form 4 with me, and even after showing it to the game warden he wouldn't budge. 1 hour later the Sheriff's Deputy showed up and it was one that I'd dealt with last time. He laughed as he was getting out of his truck and basically told the game warden to shove off.

It is imperative that you have your ducks in a row when you are in posession of any NFA items, hell for that matter, anything that might look suspect, like bullpup rifles. I wonder how many rifles get "confiscated" and never make it back to the shack because people aren't willing to take a small stand and make them call in a supervisor.

Zhur

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wowwwww, I hadn't considered that particular problem: "confiscation." Glad you brought it up, because I'll be sure to demand a supervisor AND an official receipt if stopped.

Thanks for the reply--this is a lot of valuable (keeping me outta jail, and keeping my gun in my ownership type of valuable) info!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Would anyone even consider calling the ATF in a situation like that, keystone Kelly trying to take your gun away because he is confused? Not a joke just wondering

1 - 11 of 11 Posts