FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5.7 pistol and just ordered the Jarvis threaded barrel. I want to get a supressor and I would love to here some advice. Feel free to comment, all comments are welcomed.

Jason

·
Administrator
11,105 Posts
Hello Jason:

I also just got a Jarvis barrel for my Fiveseven (bought it from a trader at the other forum) that I want to put a can on it.

Haven't got as far as looking for a can yet (might try to adapt my 9mm can to fit the Jarvis so I can save the extra $200 tax) but I would recommend that you check out Silencersmithing Forum before you decide. Lots and lots of information there.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Gemtech makes a can specifically for the pistol. It's fairly thin. They say it won't hold up to full auto if you were to use it on a P90.
Any .223 suppressor will work with 5.7x28mm, but will be needlessly large on your pistol.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the gemtec 5.7 can, let me tell you the bad part about it. The can, and the barrel are like the only things in firearms that have that thread. I'm wanting to get a barrel threaded for my buckmark that will take the gemtec threads, and not having much luck yet. Just mentioning it...

·
Administrator
11,105 Posts
Esteves said:
I very recently picked up a GemTech in trade, but haven't evaluated it yet.

AAC and SWR both recently started shipping their 5.7x28mm capable cans.

AWC also produces one, but doesn't seem very interested in selling them.

The SWR threaded 1/2x28 with a M10x1 adaptor and is intended as a multi-caliber suppressor and may be more useful than the others if you want to run it on a rimfire host on occasion (or most of the time).
E

Where can I can the adaptor to go from 1/2X28 tpi to 10mm. I have the 1/2X28 adaptor for my AAC can but have been looking for the adaptor to bring it down to 10mm.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts