FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a place with 1500 acres of land is pennsylvania allowing basically any firearm you want on it to hunt exotic wildlife my question is what 5.7 round if any would be good for hunting a wild bore?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I assume from your question that you will be using a PS-90 rifle.

If this is the case perhaps it can work.

If I were you I would place myself in a tree stand and wait for the animal to come very close. At this point I would jump down and strike him over the head with the rifle as hard and as many time as I could until he is dead. Once you are sure he is dead, take a photo and have your trophy mounted!!!!

This method will almost certainly work better than any attempt to shoot him.

Translation- USE ENOUGH GUN

·
Registered
302 Posts
wild bore's are VERY strong, I shot one from a tree with a .308 from an H&K-91 useing Hornady TAP (Yes I know its a man stoping round) in the kill zone and it ran away, looked for well over an hour for it but lost the blood trail after almost a mile.

Ive been told about people killing them with .22's with headshots but thats a hard shot to make on something that can mess you up of you piss it off. Just be in a tree stand and pull the trigger alot...

good luck! :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
One of these days I'm going to go wild boar hunting...I'm planning on taking the .450 Marlin and maybe the S&W 500 as a backup.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you are talking about the Tioga hunting reserve, than no, the 5.7 is not enough, I have used an AR successfully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts