FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
That is the stock FN optic - it has been available on the military version - the F2000 for a while now. IT is just now coming to the civilian market.

However, I have heard mixed things about it - you are probably better off getting the standard FS2000 with no optic (just the empty rail) and then mounting what you want onto it (aimpoint, eotech, etch).

But, some guys have been itching to get these - as they like the look of the gun with the original optic.

At the moment, there doesn't seem to be very many of these FS2000s (with the stock optic) out there...

·
Registered
130 Posts
On FN-USAs web sight, they call it the "FS-2000 Standard." I also have heard mixed reviews about the optic. IMHO, I would really like to have the "Standard" model w/the optic - for collectability reasons. Unfortunately, you can only mount the optic on the "Standard" model, it will not mount on the other FS-2000 model.

As I said, I would want it for collectability and just to "have." I would probably take it off, put it in the safe, and put an Aimpoint on it - like I have on my "regular" FS-2000. It would just be nice to have the option...

And no, I don't plan on buying another rifle - just to have the optic. I think it's cool, but not that cool.

·
Registered
350 Posts
well jrod if the standard optic is unmountable on a tactical, doesnt that mean it has different rails? so any other optic wouldnt work unless you got EU mount for it

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, i want one. I thought about buying a scope and trying to mold plastic around it to make it look like the "standered" but that would be harder then it sounds, expensive, and might not even work right.

·
Registered
130 Posts
No, not necessarily. The FS "Standard" has an "in-spec" picatinney rail under the optic. The problem is that the upper receiver/surface on the "Standard" model (where the optic mounts) has been machined differently to allow the optic to mate. Now if you want to get creative and try milling yours... best of luck, you're braver than I am.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I "heard" that the rails were different. Something like the rails on the standard were a 'european' rail as opposed to a 1913 rail on the tactical. Dont really know what a 'european' rail is though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Me neither... I hadn't heard that their was a different "Euro" rail... But I have repeatedly read that there is a "rail" under the optic - for "mounting options."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts