FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey group,been looking at some of your images of your guys PS 90's. They look beautiful! I definitely want to pick one up. What is about the going rate right now? Or does anyone know a link where they're in the 1200 dollar range.I've heard a lot of people complain that the barrel is 16inch yet since its bull pubit gives it a lot more velocity then the small barrels if you think about it. Just a question real quick, how is the cleanup on the PS 90.? I noticed it has two pistons that is really neat.
I'm sorry this is my first post so I haven't checked Old Post but how powerful is the round the 5.7 by twenty eight.? It looks like a nice little doozy.take care everyone any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
hey group,been looking at some of your images of your guys PS 90's. They look beautiful! I definitely want to pick one up. What is about the going rate right now? Or does anyone know a link where they're in the 1200 dollar range.I've heard a lot of people complain that the barrel is 16inch yet since its bull pubit gives it a lot more velocity then the small barrels if you think about it. Just a question real quick, how is the cleanup on the PS 90.? I noticed it has two pistons that is really neat.
I'm sorry this is my first post so I haven't checked Old Post but how powerful is the round the 5.7 by twenty eight.? It looks like a nice little doozy.take care everyone any help would be appreciated.
Since you posted in the photo thread, and there was no photo, your thread was moved.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
I thought clean up was easy... when you finally pick 1 up , don't forget to charge the handle before removing the trigger pack.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a question real quick, how is the cleanup on the PS 90.? I noticed it has two pistons that is really neat.
don't know if this was ever addressed... cleaning could not be any easier.

the 90 has only six components, including the mag. field stripping can be done with one hand in under 30 seconds, no exaggeration!

the main components are the trigger pack, the barrel group, and the moving parts group. FN recommends that you simply wipe down the trigger pack with a clean, dry, towel-- lubricants or cleaners are actually NOT recommended in the trigger pack.

i spray the moving parts group down with a bit of CLP, let it work for a moment, and then wipe clean. when clean, you should apply one drop of lube to the extractor, and to the springs of the moving parts group (and then actuate the springs at least three times to work the lube in). there are a few tiny holes in the moving parts group that you should apply one drop of lube to, as well.

i usually spray the barrel down with a little CLP to break up any deposits. when this is done, i use a patch holder to run clean patches through the barrel (via the breach end, not the muzzle end) until they come out just as clean as they went in. then, i apply one drop of lube to a clean patch and run that through the barrel.

otherwise, you would just wipe down the exterior/ other components with a clean, dry, towel. it couldn't be easier.

most of what i've posted here comes directly from the 90 manual, but i am sure the more experienced forum members will correct me if i've misspoken. if anything, i would say that i probably clean my 90 more often than needed, because it is so quick and easy. if you do buy one, make sure you clean it before firing-- it ships packed in lube that you'll want to do away with before using.

by the way, i paid $1300 for mine and felt like it was a pretty good deal. i don't own many firearms (yet) but if you told me i'll never buy a better, cooler, weapon, i'd believe it.

EDITED: Please do not use CLR on your firearms. :oops:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
wow last I checked the going price was around 1300 think I paid even more than that when I bought mine 2 years or so ago. hmmmmm $1100 wonder if I need another one.........

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice price.

·
Registered
493 Posts
All about timing and how patient you are. My first ps90 I got for $1450 and was happy with that price. Then I picked up a gen 2 with an aimpoint for $1700. During the gun scare I got two more both over 2k. Now I'm finding them for around $1200 new.
Models and generations play a big part in the price as well. Do your research and see what your liking for then do the price comparison on the model and generation you want.

·
Registered
120 Posts
don't know if this was ever addressed... cleaning could not be any easier.

the 90 has only six components, including the mag. field stripping can be done with one hand in under 30 seconds, no exaggeration!

the main components are the trigger pack, the barrel group, and the moving parts group. FN recommends that you simply wipe down the trigger pack with a clean, dry, towel-- lubricants or cleaners are actually NOT recommended in the trigger pack.

i spray the moving parts group down with a bit of CLP, let it work for a moment, and then wipe clean. when clean, you should apply one drop of lube to the extractor, and to the springs of the moving parts group (and then actuate the springs at least three times to work the lube in). there are a few tiny holes in the moving parts group that you should apply one drop of lube to, as well.

i usually spray the barrel down with a little CLP to break up any deposits. when this is done, i use a patch holder to run clean patches through the barrel (via the breach end, not the muzzle end) until they come out just as clean as they went in. then, i apply one drop of lube to a clean patch and run that through the barrel.

otherwise, you would just wipe down the exterior/ other components with a clean, dry, towel. it couldn't be easier.

most of what i've posted here comes directly from the 90 manual, but i am sure the more experienced forum members will correct me if i've misspoken. if anything, i would say that i probably clean my 90 more often than needed, because it is so quick and easy. if you do buy one, make sure you clean it before firing-- it ships packed in lube that you'll want to do away with before using.

by the way, i paid $1300 for mine and felt like it was a pretty good deal. i don't own many firearms (yet) but if you told me i'll never buy a better, cooler, weapon, i'd believe it.

EDITED: Please do not use CLR on your firearms. :oops:
What is CLR? DId you mean CLP?

·
Registered
13 Posts
when i first wrote the post, i typed 'CLR' a few times. CLR is a household cleaner.

when i realised this i went back in and edited the post to read 'CLP', a bore cleaner/ lubricant recommended by name in the PS90 manual.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts