FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the idea of the SB-X barrel for my 10/22 so that I can have a shorter OAL with my upcoming Spectre ii installed, but I am wondering if anybody here has experience with this combination?
- will the spectre ii fit inside of the barrel shroud?
- is there a valid concern of the threaded portion of the can staying attached to the barrel when removing the can?
- are the threads on this barrel cut to the right depth (.400) for a Spectre ii?

Here is a link to the barrel for anybody who is not familiar RUGER® 10/22® SB-X BARREL | Brownells

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Hmmm, I might have to look into that once my Sparrow gets out of jail. I kind of forgot about those barrels. Their website says it should work with most 22 suppressors that are threaded 1/2 by 28

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I had a TACSOL lite barrel on my 10/22 and not with the barrel shroud - just not my thing...accuracy was ok better once I found ammo it liked and it ran well w/my YHM Wraith suppressor...but accuracy did suffer. Now I run a KIDD barrel *10-22 Rifle Barrels - and yes after a few break in shots - just about any ammo I run I can keep w/in a dime size group at 50 yards - even with the suppressor on. And it will run you a tad cheaper and IMO provide you better accuracy to boot. I will add one other caveat of the KIDD barrel - his tolerances are tight to include the thread pitch on the threaded barrels - just about any suppressor I have tried on it .... the only best way to describe it ... it feels like the KIDD barrel is cutting threads in the suppressor and it is tight! That may bother some folks but I have made the switch to several KIDD barrels and have not looked back - and run my YHM Wraith on my TACSOL 22/45 Pac Lite barrel and have not had a issue when I move the suppressor between the TACSOL and KIDD - must say I like how tight it threads onto my KIDD barrel and again my preferance...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have also considered the KIDD barrels as I've seen a lot of positive reviews on them. The main appeal of the tacsol SB-X of course is the reduced overall length with a suppressor without having to acquire a tax stamp for an SBR. If I get one of the KIDD barrels I guess I'll need to use a spacer as it looks like they are threaded to .475 and from what I've read .400 or shorter is needed for the Spectre ii.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
How short do you want to go - Every time I look at the 10/22s w/the 16.5" barrels they still look REALLY short even w/the suppressor - short enough that if I did not know (3rd party casual observer) I would think the 16.5" barrel was a SBR.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How short do you want to go - Every time I look at the 10/22s w/the 16.5" barrels they still look REALLY short even w/the suppressor - short enough that if I did not know (3rd party casual observer) I would think the 16.5" barrel was a SBR.
I already have a 22/45 lite with threaded barrel for REALLY short, but I like the idea of a rifle with a total length with supppresor being around 16-18" like the tacsol would be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts