FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to forgo buying a FNX-9 and go for the FNS-9c instead. I like the idea that I can use it as a carry piece (when I get my CCL) but can still use full sized magazines when I want to practice. It also means I'm about $100 closer to getting my gun. Now for some questions. I was checking on the price with my FFL last night and he had a problem trying to locate one that has the pistol in two tone. Has anyone seen a two tone FNS-9c yet? Second, has anyone heard when spare 12 round magazines and/or grip sleeves will be available? Third, for those who have the gun now, are the baseplates interchangeable between the 12 round mags? I ask because I think I'd like to replace the flat baseplate with and extended one if possible. I guess I'm getting anxious to get the gun paid off and in my hands.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Haven't seen 2 tone. My LGS checked for me through his distributors, and only night sights or 3dot and no safety in black where available a week ago. I am waiting on night sights and safety. As far as mag availability and various base plates, haven't seen anything, but haven't looked as I would carry with the flat and use the 17 rndr as spare. My concern is holster availability. I was told to be patient, but I have a carry piece already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as mag availability and various base plates, haven't seen anything, but haven't looked as I would carry with the flat and use the 17 rndr as spare.
Maybe owners could swap out magazines. I'd give you my flat base one for your pinkie extension one, or something like that. I've seen one web site that has what looks to be custom holsters for the compacts but I'd imagine it'll be a good six months or more for the big companies to get dedicated models out. Until then, I guess it'll just have to be a case of trying before buying.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am hoping they are made available with 3, 10 rnd magazines for those states that restrict capacity. Otherwise I'm buying an M&P9c.

EDIT: Well I just looked at the catalog and it looks as though they will be offering 10 round models but only with the Manual Safety. Looks like I will be buying.............wait for it.............. the M&P9c.

On another note it would appear that they will be offering the 9c in Silver and Black with and with out the Manual Safety and with and with out Night Sights for a total of 8 different models then another 4 models with 10 rnd mags. Silver and Black, with and without Night Sights, only available with Manual Safety

1 - 6 of 6 Posts