FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The selector switch: I have seen a few listed.

What is this offering over the stock. Im not seeing the benefit of this.... Has anyone install one and what's your thoughts.

The 30rnd mags. are they on the market.... I tried to search them I guess I missed it.

Lastly, has anyone installed the 5 degree canted sights, if so how accurate are they shooting sideways etc.

Thx

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
I have the Magpul selectors, they offer extra length for my stubby thumbs.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
It's a personal preference but I like the magpul selectors because the serration on the levers provide for a more positive surface over the stock selector. Some people might notice the difference after being used to the magpul on their AR, but if you don't have a problem with SCAR stock, then you shouldn't change it.

Haven't seen a 30rnd magazine specifically made for the SCAR. Molon Labe makes a 25 magazine for the SCAR. Alternatively you can get a FN FAL 30 round magazine and modify it to fit the SCAR, or get 30 round AR10 magazine and get a lower that will take AR10 mags.

You mean 45 degree offset sights? I have them for my AR15 (will also work for the SCAR), and they are just as accurate as any upright iron sights, maybe the cheek weld is a bit off.

Reactions: The Sniper

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have the MagPul switches as well. I like the lower profile. They are not as unwieldy as the stock switch. Easy install as well. I also have the decanted sights. I just installed them on my SCAR and will be trying them out this Saturday.

Reactions: The Sniper

·
Registered
418 Posts
+1 for the MagPul selectors.

Another option would be the metal selector switches from Sean at Tactical Empire. They are a little longer than the MagPul's if that is what you are after and they are made of metal and Sean is a great brother from the Regiment.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Anyone have close up pictures showing the difference between the factory and aftermarket Magpul selectors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts