FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a stock PS90. I am thinking of doing a SBR conversion to it but even if I don't I'd like to get a suppressor for it.

Can you attach the can to the stock carbine barrel or does it have to be modified, assuming you have the correct can of course. From looking at it the flash hider appears to be larger diameter than the barrel shroud, so I'm guessing ya gotta drill out that sucker. If it has to be modified anyway I might as well go whole hog and SBR the thing.

I've already got an AWC MK9 silencer for my UZI SMG that I'd love to be able to just throw on but there's the difference in barrel diameter as well as how the MK9 attaches to the UZI's threaded barrel mount. It's tuned for 9mm of course but I figure it would do something for the 5.7x28 round, it works quite well with a 22lr.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have never seen or heard of any suppressor that would attach to an unmodified PS90 barrel shroud. Like you said, the flash hider is wider than most of the shroud's diamater already which I would think requires cutting.

Since doing just that makes it an SBR anyway, a 10.3" barrel and the CMMG thread adapter or Gemtech Bi-lock seem to be the only real choices.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep.... have emailed hdps asking for their help in this project.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts