FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I wanted to run my charging handle on the right and do an under the gun AK esque method of charging the gun but the casing keep hitting my hand and sometimes cause stove pipes was just wondering if anyone has input on this or am I pretty much going to have to run the charging handle on the left side?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Ummm....Try charging it over the top? You gotta experiment bro.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So I wanted to run my charging handle on the right and do an under the gun AK esque method of charging the gun but the casing keep hitting my hand and sometimes cause stove pipes was just wondering if anyone has input on this or am I pretty much going to have to run the charging handle on the left side?
You're grabbing the charging handle while firing??? Why do you want to run your SCAR like an AK? Just curious...

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Plus one on the E.A.CH..........I wish I could figure out how to replace my kitchen cabinet knobs with the E.A.CH. also.....it just makes my life so much easier:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You're grabbing the charging handle while firing??? Why do you want to run your SCAR like an AK? Just curious...

I'm trying to run it in this specific way because with my PVS 22 mounted on it its quite difficult to run the charging handle when its on the left side and I have tried using both the IWC and GG&G charging handles and neither really works.

Ummm....Try charging it over the top? You gotta experiment bro.
It's almost impossible with the PVS 22 and optic on it to go over the top unless I rotate the rifle to where the ejection port is facing 90 degrees straight up :(

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Are you from Canada? I cannot grasp what you are describing. A stove pipe is a spent brass casing trapped between the bolt and ejection port. Do you use your weak hand as a brass deflector?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Sounds to me like you might be cycling live rounds through your gun manually to practice. If so, stop.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Sounds like youre causing yourself a lot of problems so you can sometimes use night vision.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I'm right handed and put my charging handles on the right side. Like Sig's, AK's, and other rifles that allow you to choose left or right. It's the way I trained and just works better for me. I have too use an E.A.C.H and have never had an issue....but then again the factory charging handle worked fine to. (Scraped the hell of of my index finger on the EoTech) but worked.....Personally I like on the right so it get my hand off the grip and away from the trigger when clearing malfunctions, also allows me to use more of my left hand at a higher position to better control weapon, and feel more natural since the brass is ejecting from the right side.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm trying to run it in this specific way because with my PVS 22 mounted on it its quite difficult to run the charging handle when its on the left side and I have tried using both the IWC and GG&G charging handles and neither really works.

It's almost impossible with the PVS 22 and optic on it to go over the top unless I rotate the rifle to where the ejection port is facing 90 degrees straight up :(
Gotcha, I don't know that the EACH would solve your problem, I would have thought the IWC would have, that's what I'm running. You may have to go left side, or develop a handle that drops low enough to comfortably clear optics. I know that isn't much help to you but it's the best I've got. I still don't u understand the stove pipe issues, can you explain that portion?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I also run my charging handle on the ritght, but mostly because I'm left handed. I've never had any issue with the Scar feeding properly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts