FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a GunVault style "bedside" safe that will fit a SBR PS90? I'm talking about a one gun safe with a simple unlock (like biometric, a few buttons, or buttons in a "hand print" configuration).

Bonus points for the guy who finds me one that also is spring loaded.

I use a SpeedVault right now attached to my night stand for a G19. 4 large buttons. Correct combo and it just falls open presenting the G19. Looking for similar access to a short barreled PS90.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
fort knocks makes one and it does not use batteries it has little easy to feel push buttons. The way to go if you ask me, I do not want to rely on batteries in a oh crap situation

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something I saw recently. Kind of neat. Not a safe, but hidden in plain sight.

825 PLS | Tactical Walls
As cool as that is... I have a young child. I refuse to be a headline. In my non-father days or maybe in my mature children days I'd consider that. Basically, I'd want to show it off to my son, which would mean he's proved mature/trustworthy enough at that time to handle such responsibility. Given that we still count his age in months, it'll be awhile before anyone other than me/wife has access. Hiding/disguising isn't an option in my mind, locks are the only way for me for now. But I appreciate you sharing that, I've seen a similar display at local gun show.. Not sure if it's the same people/company.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Very nice products.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The shelf thing does lock, but with magnets. I guess if the kid figures out what's in it and that magnets open it, he could probably just find a magnet and have access...

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Cool.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would want a quick access lock similar to the biometrics combinations lock.

Looks good for no children population house hold

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have mine under my bed but the magazine is in a Gunvault. Quick, simple, cheap. As long as all of the ammo and mags are secured no need to worry about the kids. Only problem is theft but someone could easily hi-jack a Gunvault as well even if you wired it down. The fully loaded magazines fit perfectly in our Deluxe Multi.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They are not cheap - the price of a larger safe.
No. They are not, but if you want to store a long gun in the bedroom, they are more than sufficient. I store my PS90 behind a 12-gauge with an extra magazine and still have much room to spare. More PS mags, ammo and other stuff reside in a fire/theft-proof gun safe elsewhere in the house.

HDC1.jpg HDC2.jpg

-Drew

1 - 17 of 17 Posts