FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the search thing keeps giving me this weird error, so I hope this hasn't already been posted several times.... :oops:

Anyway, I noticed the sight adjustment screws look as though they remain fixed to the sight...or do they? I guess my question is, does the USG sight retain zero if it's removed, then reinstalled?

The reason I ask is that I thought the one I'd bought was the white ring sight, but when I opened the box, it turned out to be the USG model. Not that I'm complaining, but I'd already ordered a rail and an optic, so I'm not entirely sure I'll use the optic on the PS90 at this point, as well as the factory sight works, so it would be nice if I could remove it, try the aftermarket optic, then switch back without having to sight it in.

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
yes it will return to zero as long as you don't move the optic fasteners when unscrewing the hex screw.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks! :cool: As soon as I get to the range next time, I'm going to try out the Zeiss Z-Point and I'll let you guys know how it goes...I like the stock sight so much, I have a feeling the Zeiss might just end up on the UMP. :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
You may consider using an ink marker to mark the exact alignment of the 16mm adjustment fastener position prior to removing the factory optic.
Just a suggestion in case movement occurs during removal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts