FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to go look at a Five-seveN today and i noticed a little silver pin looking thing on the left side of the ejection port? what is that? is that the extractor pin? where is the extractor? thanks

·
Registered
980 Posts
I don't see any silver in or on my ejection port. On the opposite side of the slide there is a little silver nub- the loaded chamber indicator. It protrudes a little when there is a round in the chamber and is recessed when there's not.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I actually wish this was a little more distinct. I sometimes feel it is too small of an indicator.

I could be wrong, but I believe it is the Springfield XD that has a much more pronounced indicator. I would really like to see the Five-Seven's next revisions have one which is a little larger.

FM

·
Registered
980 Posts
I agree, the indicator doesn't make much of a visible impression. I think maybe it's more for feeling than seeing.- That's how I check it.

I only use it in situations where it would be uncouth for me to take the pistol out of concealment and look into the chamber.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Sprinfield XD has two loaded chamber indicators, on the top of the slide next to the Ejection port, and one on the back of the slide, where the hammer would be if it had an external hammer.

I like the one on the back of the slide because while the weapon is holstered you can check it, by feel.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
RRSA said:
The Sprinfield XD has two loaded chamber indicators, on the top of the slide next to the Ejection port, and one on the back of the slide, where the hammer would be if it had an external hammer.

I like the one on the back of the slide because while the weapon is holstered you can check it, by feel.
I think that second one just shows that it is cocked. I don't think its a loaded chamber indicator, is it? I don't have an XD, but I thought that this is what I had read.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes your absolutely right, :?
I just got done cleaning mine, and thought, damn I posted some misinformation, I was just about to post a clarification.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts