FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After giving it the froglube treatment I packed up my new 40, 3 mags loaded with 180gr. FMJ Remington ammo, and headed out for a very brief range session. It was only 35 degrees and pretty windy, but I was anxious to give my new gun a try. I'm pleased to report that it functioned flawlessly without a problem of any kind. Accuracy seemed at least as good as my Glocks if not better and all the brass consistently ejected into a small group. The trigger is a little gritty, but not bad and hoping it will improve with some dry firing. Overall I am very happy with my new purchase and can't wait to try the 9mm when it arrives.

·
Registered
519 Posts
The grittiness will go away with a little Blue Magic metal polish and some dry firing.
There's a "Smoothing out your trigger" thread here somewhere.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Congrats! good to hear it's running well and accurate.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The grittiness will go away with a little Blue Magic metal polish and some dry firing.
There's a "Smoothing out your trigger" thread here somewhere.
Mine smoothed by 500 rounds and a movie's worth of dry firing...no Blue Magic needed.

Also, a little oil in the right places on the trigger alleviates about 75% of the grit.

Cheers on the purchase and enjoy!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Round two with my new 40 today. Wow....perfect function, very accurate, and the trigger has already improved. Thrilled with it so far and can't wait to try the 9. Sorry if I sound too much like an FN fanboy, but out of my new pistols over the last ten years I can't remember any that have excited me more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts