FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Tavor 9mm from Atlantic and just picked it up today from my FFL. My first impression was the fact that this feels far more substantial than I thought it would. It is not only heavier, but feels more solid/quality made than I assumed it would. I have no problem with polymer guns, but I thought the Tavor looked kind of flimsy and toy like in places. The flip up BUIS are not exactly Troy or KAC, but again actually feel better than they look. I was expecting to be able to snap them off. Again, I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that it feels like a well made gun, and not a toy.

Stock trigger is oddly disconnected and quite heavy. I did the MAC trigger spring mod, and it feels much better. But is still a long distant non communicative travel. I am a trigger snob. A Super Sabra is in my future. In spite of the poor review, stock is still better than the triggers that came in 2 of my 3 Scars. Still 2 of the worst triggers ever.

IWI mags feel very sturdy. Almost like $25 a pop isn't so bad. Mag release is crisp, as are all of the controls. A little jiggle in the plastic fore grip cover. Nothing too bad.

RMR 06 and ADM socom mount should be here in a day or two. Going to order a cover for the left side ejection port that prevents gases from going directly in your face while shooting suppressed. More pics and range report coming soon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,027 Posts
Man, that looks like one sweet ride. I'm truly digging it.

Reactions: six-n-twins

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Nothing made by the Israelis is a toy. :)

nice setup.

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Looking great! I did the super sabra trigger-- big and welcome upgrade in every way. I also picked up iwi/caa mags and like them with my tavor. I also did the gearhead gas port block- I think it also helps with the tavor face. Congrats again.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Nice!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.