FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I just today picked up an FNP-9 and before I could look up what type of holster would work, just of out sheer, morbid curiousity, I stuck it into my R.O. Gunleather IWB holster that I had for my XD45 (also worked for the XD9).

Holster fits about 98%, with one VERY MINOR EXCEPTION that I think I can fix myself - the decocker on the right side wants to stay on the outside of the holster. I think I can fix this by cutting an extremely small notch into the holster for that decocker.

Anyhow, I had written a review with photos for said holster over on XDTalk, and then updated that review with more photos and posted a review for IWB mag holder.

These reviews may be of some interest to members of this forum, being that these holsters are are a GREAT price point and fit the pistols well!

I'll post photos of my FNP-9 later this evening once my camera battery is charged back up.

I hope this proves to be good reading for anyone who looks into this!

Original Review: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/hs2000-sa-xd-accessories/59307-r-o-gunleather-iwb-holster-review.html
Updated Review and IWB Mag Carrier Review: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/hs2000...eview-update-plus-iwb-mag-carrier-review.html

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Strange. I have a XD 9mm FLETCH, and someone else has a Galco Concealable here. Both work for the FNP and had no decocker clearance issues...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Note that the holster was made for an XD, which has no decocker. I can get the decocker inside the holster - I'm betting if I let it sit a few days in it would form to the gun a little better.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Well, I had to leave my gun in for 2 days to get the rear strap to stretch over the hammer on my FLETCH. Give it a try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will go into the holster, but you have to hold the holster just right... Doesn't make for a smooth reholstering.

Here's where it stops unless you "open" the holster a little more:

and here it is once it gets in...

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I dont have any leather holsters but i have been considering getting one. :shock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts