FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anyone who concealed carries their Five-seveN use a rail guard over the accessory rail (similar to the Beretta 90-two)? It seems to me that this might make it a little less snag-prone. If you do, what do you use? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy one for my new IOM. :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
I CCW my 5.7 every day and don't use a rail guard. Mine resides in a Blade-Tech kydex holster. When I draw the weapon I lift my shirt and when the muzzle clears the holster there is nothing for the rail to snag on. It shouldn't be any different if you use a leather IWB holster. At night my TLR1 light goes on it and everything resides in my night stand.

MadDog :?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! :?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ShipWreck said:
I've never even seen aftermarket pistol rail guards, like that one on the 90-Two. Do they make them?
Not sure. I was actually just talking about buying a 5-slot accessory rail guard and using that.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I guess you could take a ladder type guard for any AR type picatinny rail and cut it to fit. I don't see the point as the rail "never" touches anything when holstered or when drawing from a holster. Since my 5.7 is my CCW gun and I put a light on it every night before bed, it would be a drag to take a rail guard on and off.

MadDog :shock:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good enough for me! Thanks fellas!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts