FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon.

This weekend I had a chance to run my AAC 762-SDN-6 on my SCAR17S.

I run the SCAR17S with AAC 51T flash hider which increased the felt recoil then the FN muzzle break. The reason I run the flash hider over a break is because one day I might have to use the weapons without earpro.

I love the AAC QD mount the suppressor goes on easy. I was surprise that the felt recoil with the suppressor on was a lot less then with out, I would guess about 10-15%.

I ran about 200 rounds through the SCAR with the suppressor attached, and loved every minute definitely worth the wait.

Waiting on my Form 1 SBR 13” Barrel and researching what optic I want to run on the 17. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Machine gun

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I've never had any type of wobble with the 51T mount and the SDN-6
Mine locks up tight on 4 mounts, but it can be a concern depending on where it locks up on the last tooth. I've seen a number of reports, but also plenty of owner without issues.

But truth be told, if I was going to buy a 762 suppressor today, it would be a 762 Saker. Love AAC, but being bought out by the Remmy trolls, I'll put my money on SilencerCo.

Again, my SDN6 and Tirant45 are awesome I just think SilencerCo has the talent base and drive to make amazing stuff.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No issues with the mount locking up with the suppressor. I ordered a Geissele SAR and verified everything was aligned property even after a reputable gun dealer installed the flash hider, and checked alignment.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What would you pick if you did it over again?
I have heard that YHM cans are less prone to this, but I don't have any definitive information one way or the other. I do run an Elcan 1.5x6 optic on my 17 and it's worth every penny. Would not change that one bit.
A buddy of mine who does his homework runs the Surefire SOCOM 7.62 can and I should have a chance to shoot that in a week or so.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I have heard that YHM cans are less prone to this, but I don't have any definitive information one way or the other. I do run an Elcan 1.5x6 optic on my 17 and it's worth every penny. Would not change that one bit.
A buddy of mine who does his homework runs the Surefire SOCOM 7.62 can and I should have a chance to shoot that in a week or so.
Both use a Acme thread to start and ensure concentric alignment - AAC uses the ratchet teeth to gain final tension (the teeth of the ratchet fall into the valley of the mount some monts will have wobble - other will not so (it or miss here) - if you buy AAC test the mounts to get the best lock up i.e bot teeth n the ratchet have a valley each to reside in and not back off during firing)(the wobble is because you can go one tooth to far...one tooth w/good seating into the valley while the other is out...fire a few shots and when you check you get the 'oh crap its all wobble' and some other AAC 'OCD' owners over embellish the design short comings (if you get a poor muzzle mount - or did not test fit at your LGS... polish the bevel edge forward of the mounts' teeth...more often than not you can gain that extra tooth and firm lock up...this too comes with a penalty...AAC did not design it that way for a reason - during ANY heavy firing schedule you will carbon lock up your suppressor to the mount - while YHM there is loaded tension that as you hear the suppressor click to final seating pushing forward....very simple but prevents wobble

The best way I know to give a difference between tension and friction mounting of a suppressor - industry in the QD mount department had improved design by leaps and bounds - tension / guided alignment via index point/points - and seal at rear of suppressor to muzzle bevel to prevent gas escape/leak and reduce carbon foul up suppressor welded to the mount it heavy use occurs

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What optic are you leaning towards at this point? I run an SDN-6 as well and I'm super pleased with its performance over the last couple years.
Right now Leupold MK 6 but that could change.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I do put on in a special way by holding down the ratcheting till the end.
That will help prevent premature wear.
I do the same... I take it off and put it on by holding the Ratchet down, to prevent premature wear. Also if I have a lull between shooting I take the suppressor of the rifle.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Part of that may be the thin barrel profile of the 17s...
its early and I have not had my full dose of coffee yet, so tell me more about the association between barrel profile and suppressors changing the point of impact specific to the SCAR series? I have noticed little to no poi shift in pistol cal cans so far and am trying to learn more.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.