FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range today and was sitting next to one of the LWRC REPR's , a quick chat and I got to run a few rounds down range. Im waiting for a 17 but this thing shot nice... real nice

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was considering a REPR w/ a bull barrel, but the reduced weight of the SCAR (combined with excellent accuracy) convinced me to go w/ the SCAR.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My thoughts, I thought the ergo were better, it was heaver but with that weight I would have expected it to be smoother. The recoil was more than I would have expected but there seamed to be something in the kick. A harmonic perhaps. with out my optics and ammo its hard to say, am I just dealing with a wonky muzzle brake or some sort of whip? When I nuzzled up to it, she felt solid... dam... I guess now Im a LWRC fan boy

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had one of the first of the REPR 18". It was a very solid shooter, but was heavy and I agree, the recoil did seem "sharp". Shooting it off hand was not easy, and I have walked past a gym.

I now have a SCAR 17 and have found it does everything the REPR did, but at about 2.5# less to carry around.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.