FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my FNP to the range again. I put 455 rounds downrange for a total of 952 to date. In all of that firing I've cleaned it on the range after every 250 rounds or so. I did have one jam though. It was with the Winchester White Box 115 gr. FMJ. But upon closer inspection of the round it had a slight burr on the lip of the brass. I reloaded it into the mag and it functioned flawlessly afterwards. I've never had a failure to fire, and the pistol was still giving decent accuracy out to 25 yds. standing unsupported.
Now that I've shot it enough to really get comfortable with her, I'll admit I prefer the flat as opposed to the rounded backstrap. I find I shoot a bit better with it, but then again I have smaller hands. Right now I'm still using Remington 115 gr. JHP as my carry ammo. (Mainly I can't afford the Gold Dots at $25/box of 20 rds.) Although I mainly use the OWB holster supplied by the Shooter's Pack at the range, it has no retention capability except for the two retention screws. I wouldn't mind a good OWB with a leather thumb snap. I've heard good thigns about the Galco FLETCH for the Springfield XD 9mm.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I buy the WWB JHP - which is also available at Wal-Mart like those Remington greenbox JHP.

I tried that green box of JHP - be aware that they use pretty cheap gun powder, and if you shoot that stuff off at an indoor range, it is DAMN bright.

I thought I would do the same thing you did, until I tried them. In a nighttime shooting situation, it is WAY too bright.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Don't buy Speer Gold Dot's in boxes of 20. Get the LE 50 round boxes. I was able to find some 124 gr. +P GDHP for $24.95 a box of 50. Still have to add shipping, but it is still a lot cheaper than the box of 20.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts