FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range again today and shot 300 rds. downrange with my FNP9. Unfortunately I had multiple failures this time. (The pistol now has roughly 1251 rds though it.)

I started shooting 115gr. Remington JHP and I had TWO feed jams. I later had 1 misfire shooting Georgia Arms 115 gr. FMJ. I finished with 50 rds. of 124gr. Speer Gold Dot JHP and had no issues whatsoever. I'm disappointed in having these failures, but I believe the weapon is good, so I'll continue carrying it for now. Any advice on preventing more of these?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I haven't heard much of anything about the Remington JHP. I would suspect it isn't the best stuff, so you might want to stick with the Speer. That's what I use (124gr. +p). As for the Georgia Arms ammo, I haven't used it, and from what I've heard, it isn't the greatest stuff. On the misfire, did it eventually fire/ was the primer struck? It might have just been a bad round.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The misfire did eventually fire. I wasn't shooting the pistol when it occured, but my friend (who is an experienced 1911 shooter) was. When we pulled the round out for inspection there was no dent in the primer. (He stated he did nothing different for that round, which could mean a failure inside the weapon). He did mention that he might have caught the slide release with his thumb while shooting, but I don't know whether or not that would've caused a misfire. We reloaded the round into the magazine and it went off like a charm on the 2nd try. I might try calling FNH USA and see if they have anything to say.

To date I've had 3 feed jams and one misfire out of 1250 rds. I suppose when using mostly cheap ammo that's not bad, but it doesn't give me any warm fuzzy feelings if I ever need to use the weapon in a combat situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts