FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to make it every Sunday to the range to shoot my new FNP 40. Today I put 270 rounds through her for a nice total of 400. 150 rounds of the new Winchester SXZ 40 Target and 50 rounds SXZ Personal protection. Pistol liked that ammo. Ran another 20 rounds of Hornady TAP 155g, and FN absolutely LOVED that ammo. Finally ran 50 rounds of Winchester Ranger 155g, again FN liked that ammo as well, even though both the Hornady and Ranger were loaded to a higher pressure than practice ammo. On a side note, I also got to shoot my Remington 870 pump shottie. HOLY CRAP. When Remington says MAGNUM BUCKSHOT on its box, you better believe it. And that was only 2 3/4!!!!!! I had a box of 3" Remington Magnum Buck, but only fired 1 round.lol. I need to get Mesa Tactical's Recoil stock kit.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
:?
One thing the FNP's have going for them is they seem to handle a great variety of ammo, although I've heard of a few problems with cheap wolf ammo.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ughh, I NEVER shoot wolf. Steel on steel never works IMO. I'd have to be desperate to shoot wolf, I wouldn't do that to my FN or HK. Monarch is just as bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts