FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked it up today, cleaned and lubed it prior to shooting it at the range.

I was short on time so all I had time for was 50rds.

First impression of the gun was that it fits really well in my hand with the arched back strap. I didn't get to try the flat because I didn't have a punch nor a paper clip with me. The first three shots were low. The reason was because I had never fired this gun before so I think I tensed up expecting more recoil than there actually was. So I adjusted myself, made a few changes in my grip and trigger pull and I was rewarded with about four consecutive shots in the center! I had the same problem for a few more rounds after that, but that can be fixed with more trigger time.

I really like the trigger pull in SA. A little bit of take up, but its a very smooth pull even in the DA mode.

I really like this gun and I am very please so far!

I am going to go back to the range this Friday and put a couple hundred rounds through her and then post again.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Excellent! Glad you like it. I like mine. I prefer the flat backstrap. :?

·
Registered
873 Posts
I too prefer the flat backstrap. But, I have smallish hands. (I think).

The trigger will get better after a few hundred rounds.

With the exception of my .22 Browning Buckmark 5.5 Target, I really think my FNP-45 is the most accurate pistol I own.

Keep practicing with it and you will be rewarded with very good accuracy, especially considering this is a "service grade" pistol, and not some high dollar hand fitted "race gun".

I think you are going to be pleased.

I know I am.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the black. as far as the straps I like them both. I put about 100rds through it with the arched and about 150rds with the flat. I think I shot a little better with the flat. the first time I shot this gun was with the arched strap and it was shooting a little low, but I think I was anticipating the shot to much and was flinching. with the flat i was more relaxed and was getting a better feel for the trigger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts