FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:? I've had my FS for almost two months now and have never shot it. I'm a LEO and work firearms for a living and just haven't had time. Got the monolith fore end and stuck on the Elcan M145 and even polished all the metal trigger parts, but have never fired it.
Well today I did.
First the conditions....temp:92, no wind, precision machine rest, and Winchester mil contract current manufacture ball.
In addition to the FN magazine..used a couple of new Colts.
First...the carbine worked flawlessy
second...iron(emergency) sights were exactly on using the GI 25 meter sighting in target...how about that!
third...slipping the Elcan on (it has GI ratcheting quick release)...once sighted in it shot a 1/4 inch hole on the 25 meter target.
Took it out to 50 meter, made a 3 click adjustment...same results!
Now, ran it out to 100 meters..needed one click and did a 1/2 inch hole
Shot 60 rounds altogether, used last 15 to have fun nailing daisy heads on the berm....1 shot...1 daisy :-?
Bottom line I am very impressed with the setup I have and would not hesitate to take it into combat. The whole afternoon was total fun because everything worked and worked very well!
I don't know about anyone elses FS, but I patted mine down and told it 'welcome to the family' after the session!

·
Registered
63 Posts
You must have a much steadier hand than I my friend :D I sand baged my FS at 100 yards and came back with about 1.25" but I was using an Eotech with no magnification. I have been wanting to try it with a more powerfull scope to really test its limits but the forest department has been shutting down all my local outdoor shooting areas. :cry:

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:-D I've got a heck of a rest! It's a hand made number that was machined by a fellow that did it while he was involved in the old 'star wars ' project many years ago. . he made it for precision bench rest on CNC machines in his off time. It's heavy and ounce you secure the rifle or action into it...the only thing you do is pull the trigger! The human factor is not in the equation. In other words...the rifle or rifle/sight combination either shoots good or bad.....not the shooter. Once you site the weapon in on this rig, it's dead on. After you remove it ..any inaccuracies are on you.

The M145 is only 3x, so 100 yards is about it for point of aim shooting! When this scope is used on a SAW or M60(what Elcan originaly designed it for) the mission is different. It was intended to be used for defilade firing, but it can be effective for general shooting. The EOTECH in all it's variations is a CQB site....quick shots at low yardage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts