FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys wear a Vest to the range to keep some of your gear in it?
I have started too and it has helped keep my range bag really small.
Now I only need a range bag when I go to the Indoor range.
Minus the guns and ammo, everything else I need is in my vest.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I mentioned it before on another thread - I like some of the vests that the Vest Guy makes, and wouldn't mind one - However, NO ONE I have ever seen at either range I shoot at wears one. I don't want to be the "strange" guy.

As it is, I am the only guy walked back and forth up the rifle range with my gun still strapped to me (as I make the 50 yard trek up and down the rifle range). Everyone else leaves it on the shooting table.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Depends on what I am shooting, and if it's for serious training.

If for fun, I just wear normal clothing, with some pouches on my belt, where I can drop empty mags, and some tools in the other pouches, for setting the sights.

If for training, I usually wear Body Armor and my BHI Omega EOD Vest, or Pouches directly attached to the Dragonskin Carrier.

I actually don't mind wearing a vest at a range, as my BHI Vest has that nice Pad on the right shoulder, that really has it's advantages. The Vest also helps you to keep all your stuff quite ready for use, and I sometimes ask myself, why others need like 4 Tables to setup all there stuff like Mags, Tools, and so on.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ShipWreck said:
However, NO ONE I have ever seen at either range I shoot at wears one. I don't want to be the "strange" guy.
Yeah, I use to think the same thing until I realized that when you pull up, park next to a bunck of pickup trucks, and you are the only one in a Porsche...you're already the strange guy. :lol:
So now, I just don't care what other people think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts