FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the sights on my fnp9m have always been kinda dirty, and the right rear sight never had any paint on it. i shoot this gun low and left (7-8 o'clock) compared to my full size fnp 9. anyways, i put on some Testors enamel today and it's looking much better...will see if it makes any difference in my aim. i used a toothpick to apply the paint, just get a tiny dab and it will fill in the circle (it should look like a miniature drumstick, any bigger of a dab and it will run over). here's some before and afters:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
My sights were never the best when I got the gun - the white was a bit outside of the depressed dot.

I decided to buy Nightsights, and the slide has been sent off to be hard chromed, I am having them put the new sights on.

Another fix are the NiteSiter decals - they are a sponsor here - and I have used them on severguns.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
The Nitesiter decals are real good. They have stayed very clean through 800 rounds, including some pretty dirty WWB. Plus, they glow in the dark for quite some time if you charge them properly, which is always a bonus.

·
Registered
64 Posts
+1 on the nitesiters. i was pretty skeptical of them at first, but they do work. great bang for the buck. i woke up last night around 4 and I could seem them glowing on my nightstand. I didnt even try to charge them. the gun was merely in a lit room for a couple minutes before going to sleep. i will be buying more

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hmm, maybe the batch I got was not very good.
They do not stay charged up for any longer than an hour or so no matter what light I put them under. They do glow for a while but but after an hour or so I can barely make them out in total darkness. The lil black light I got with them helps as it only takes a few seconds to make em go.

Hopefully someone will release some real night sights soon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
when your checking on them after an hour, are you leaving a bright room and going into a dark one? it could have something to do with how much your eyes have adjusted for the darkness and/or how long youve charged them and with what. charge them with a torch for a few min or leave the gun under a lamp for a while. wake up in the middle of the night without turning on ur light and see if you can make them out on your bedstand.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The only Xenon light I have is a Snap-on 12 volt sun gun.
Tried the lil UV light from them till the batteries went dead, different style florescents, big UV light at work I use to leak check stuff, left the slide in direct sunlight, metal halides at work, several different LED lights I have.
I am not illumination impaired. :D
I did notice that regular incandescent lights have no effect on them at all.

And yes I have woke up, opened the safe and was able to see a faint glow if I put them a 1/4" from my face. But at arms length I am unable to see them.

It's 0225, I just put em under the light. I'll pull em out at 0255 and see how long it takes.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
U needa ask for them to be replaced then, because they should work better. Every once in a while, someone has the issue you describe. I have had 3 packs, and all work fine.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
powermad said:
I did notice that regular incandescent lights have no effect on them at all.
Mine glow brightly for several minutes when I do that for a couple of minutes. You must have gotten a package of lemons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts