FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has cut down and re-threaded their original 16" barrel? Due to Michigan law I had to have my original PWS muzzle brake pinned and welded. I need to change out the existing muzzle brake to accommodate my a new muzzle brake for my future suppressor. In the past I know removing a pinned and welded muzzle brake always messes up the existing threads, so I know they will have to cut and re-thread the barrel. I'm curious because they would have remove that little "bump" at the end of the barrel where the muzzle brake seats. Just wondering if anyone else has done something similar? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Im not Sure how the break on your barrel is pinned or welded however in the past I have had to remove Phantom flash hiders form M4's normally I find where the roset weld is and plunge in to it with a carbide end mile to the out root diameter of the 1/2x 28 thread on the barrel this will just barely touch the threads after that I have had good success with twisting the flash hider off then just running a Die down the existing threads.
Hope that helps~Jrod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts