FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the stickies and searched but I'm still fairly confused regarding differences and compatibility between various site/rail setups. Below are number of pictures to help illustrate along with some questions.

First up, what is the model below referred to as? Is this the tri-rail or is the one immediately below it the tri-rail? Also, are these two railed version at the same height relative to the bore?

As for the models with sights, I'm going to label these with what I understand from reading so please correct me if I'm wrong.

USG White Ring Sight:

USG Black Ring Sight:

Newer FN Red Dot:

Now, are these sights all interchangeable on the same PS90? Also, are these sites interchangeable with either of the two railed versions?

Is it difficult to find the USG sights by themselves? Also, is it possible to mount lights/lasers to the sides of USG models?

I like the look of the black ring sight but I'm finding ps90s with them difficult to find or very expensive due to specific trigger packs but I don't care about trigger pack versions really.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Top is Standard, second is tri-rail.

·
FN Supporter
433 Posts
There are 2 receviver styles. Standard, as shown in your first pic above, and triple rail, often called TR. The TR is not currently made. All factory optics options will fit anything BUT a TR.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
The rifle is the same.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any word on how difficult it would be to find a ring sight to put on a PS90 Standard? Am I better off searching for a used USG?

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Any word on how difficult it would be to find a ring sight to put on a PS90 Standard? Am I better off searching for a used USG?
The black reticle ring sights (USG) are easy to find.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought a black reticle sight on gun broker for just over $400 about 2 months ago. They come up from time to time. If you want FN sights then go with the standard version PS90. If you want to put an aimpoint T-1 on it with the lowest possible platform, then find a Tri-Rail. The standard is more adaptable IMO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about the sight/bore distance difference between the USG ring sights vs tri-rail w/ a low mounting optic like a T1?

Is there a better "looking" (I know, vain) 3rd party rail alternative that goes with the standard model?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The distance from the bore centerline to the optical center of a USG/Ring sight is about 3.650". The distance of a TR and T1/H1 with the integral clamp is about 3.825". Lower aftermarket rails exist.
Mark, what is the distance between the bore centerline and an Aimpoint M3 using your mount?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, new to FN and just got my PS90. I have been lurking the forums for awhile and have placed a few orders for mods.
I got a standard PS90 and would like to use an Aimpoint H1.

Is it possible to get an aftermarket lower rail to use with the H1 or should I stick with original rails and H1?

P.D - Matt, what is the estimated waiting time to SBR a PS90?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi, new to FN and just got my PS90. I have been lurking the forums for awhile and have placed a few orders for mods.
I got a standard PS90 and would like to use an Aimpoint H1.

Is it possible to get an aftermarket lower rail to use with the H1 or should I stick with original rails and H1?

P.D - Matt, what is the estimated waiting time to SBR a PS90?

Welcome to the forum. Starting your own thread will get you more informative answers. The are many places you can get an aftermarket rails that are lower profile. Ie damage industries, trosusa, promoted pawn, etc...

sbr eForms take 3 months (must have a trust or company). Paper forms are at 9-11 months turn around now. You can get more details in the NFA area of the forums.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Escap0:

Thanks for the welcome... I am well aware and informed on the forms. ;) I already eFiled the Form1 for the PS90.
I meant to ask Mark the estimated timeframe for him to cut and thread a barrel.

·
Registered
259 Posts
sbr eForms take 3 months (must have a trust or company). Paper forms are at 9-11 months turn around now. You can get more details in the NFA area of the forums.
Not to hijack the thread but, are you sure it only takes 3 months for the BATFE to approve a eForm ?
Could you please provide me the source you got the information ?
Also does this 3 months waiting period also apply to suppressor's ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but, are you sure it only takes 3 months for the BATFE to approve a eForm ?
100% confirmed. Mine was approved in 3 months a few weeks ago. The nfa tracking thread in these forums show similar results. Yes, it also applies to form 4s.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Yes e-forms are taking 90 days as reported by several members.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
You'll find your answers here.

SBR, Suppressors and NFA Items

1 - 20 of 30 Posts