FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Gunbroker....Pretty good pics. Weird flash hider, but I'm SBRing it anyways and putting an AAC M4-2000 on it so I don't mind. I sent a trade offer as I don't have cash due to an already paid deposit on a SCAR. I'm holding my breath......

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Going for 2 of 'em eh?

That is a strange flash hider. Never seen one like that.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Is that a flash hider or a muzzle break? Also, is it screwed on or permanently pinned or welded on? We need some info from someone who has one already! I am getting tempted to NOT buy one now, not because I don't want one, but because I see the prices on these falling back to MSRP once the gun buying craze ends. Without getting too political, I don't see another AWB being signed until at least 6 months after the inauguration. Laws generally take time to pass, but I don't think too many people consider the AWB priority one considering our faultering economy. That being said, I don't think SCARs can keep selling for $3500+ if FN keeps churning them out for a few months. Some FFL told me that he had a few unspoken for that were coming in. He told me that he'd sell me one for $5500. I pretty much laughed and was like, "Is that for 3 of them?" I understand that we do not know FN's plans for making more of them or how soon another AWB will pass. However, I would much rather be the guy with no SCAR than the guy who paid $4000 for one now when you can find them at gunstores for $2350 in a few months.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think FN will wait for the feedback from the customers before is making the second run, so they can address any isues/complains from the customers.
I would if I were them. ...Unless of course people start going nuts after them. :-D :lol:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Some of the dealers are indeed trying for a rape fest and yes there will be people out there stupid enough to pay their prices. There are plenty of dealers out there who want and deserve your business, I suggest you all just be a little patient and look around for a dealer who better fits your needs. Some people just have to be the first kid on the block to have the shiny new so-and-so, let um. I get far more satisfaction by getting a deal on something I want as well as all of the bugs worked out then getting Butt Raped on a new product that has yet to be proven. Let someone else fall on the grenade. :?

·
Registered
177 Posts
The muzzle break/ flash hider on the scar is actually a PWS flash hider and muzzle break combo. Should be able to remove it and put on your own flash hider. On price issue, I feel like it is just not right for dealers to recieve unspoken for scars and turn around and sell them for 3k+. I feel like if you find a scar for less than 3k than that is a fair deal. Dealers have to make some profit or they couldn't survive, but that profit needs to be inline with the amount they make off of similarly priced weapons. IMO it is fair to add on a 10-20% price increase over dealer cost, not something in the range of 40-50% and sometimes even higher.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's a PWS brake/hider combo. I have one on my Ar10. Pricey, but works GREAT. I was suprised to see one on the SCAR. You'd think they would use the "military" unit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Having seen some first hand pictures (as opposed to reposts) and other pics, it looks like a FAIL to me.

too much like an AR for my taste especially considering the long wait.

The charging handle looks like it'll be a knuckle grinder if you have anything on the top rail.

The bolt release is classic AR. problem with that is that the bolt release SUCK on the AR and should be discarded. It's always been a weak point.

Havent seen the bolt design, but i suspect it very simliar to the AR as well which would be kinda lame.

sorry, but I'm dissapointed. The XCR and FS2000 have so much more going for them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is it only me that thinks the SCAR 16S has that "made out of spare parts" look? :mrgreen:

Why is the upper receiver made out of a different color polymer?

Maybe some parts are imported from Belgium and some made in VA for this first production run.?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Different materials result in different color rendering, and when you take pictures at any given lights, the color appearance is subject to change (between different materials).

Jaws said:
Is it only me that thinks the SCAR 16S has that "made of spare parts" look? :mrgreen:

Why is the upper receiver made out of a different color polymer?

Maybe some parts are imported from Belgium and some made in VA for this first production run.?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I understand but i see three colors on that gun. The upper is one color, trigger block a different one, then the grip and stock are again different.
Do really all this parts have to be made out of different materials? Actually are they really made out of different materials :eek:

It looks bada$$ anyay. 8)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Jaws said:
I understand but i see three colors on that gun. The upper is one color, trigger block a different one, then the grip and stock are again different.
Do really all this parts have to be made out of different materials? Actually are they really made out of different materials :eek:

Again, different materials result in different color renderings. :evil:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Jaws said:

The upper is aluminum and the lower is polymer. :?

·
Registered
320 Posts
NUTFINN said:
Wonder what they will go for, right now $3k to $5k :roll:
I paid $2700 OTD for mine...though it isn't in quite yet. Hopefully in the next week or two. Others have paid a couple hundred less.

·
Registered
320 Posts
guitarguy774 said:
Do you think they put the break on to get it in importation? If so its probably permanently attached.
I'm under the impression that they are made in VA. I don't see any "imported" markings on it. It's a PWS flash suppressor though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts